Prep for worst case scenario? (Not getting in anywhere) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
december1205

Bronze

Prep for worst case scenario? (Not getting in anywhere)

Post by december1205 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Hello,

I applied to law schools after a third retake on LSAT.

I reapplied to two schools that I was waitlisted at during previous cycle (Both T6) but sadly, my I ended up scoring lower on my third retake so I don't think I have more to offer other than WE.

I applied to other schools T14+WUSTL but i'm getting increasingly nervous that I won't get into ANY.

Should I prepare for worst case scenario? Like looking for jobs doing 4th retake (earliest would be Oct) and applying again...?

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Prep for worst case scenario? (Not getting in anywhere)

Post by lymenheimer » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:52 pm

december1205 wrote:Hello,

I applied to law schools after a third retake on LSAT.

I reapplied to two schools that I was waitlisted at during previous cycle (Both T6) but sadly, my I ended up scoring lower on my third retake so I don't think I have more to offer other than WE.

I applied to other schools T14+WUSTL but i'm getting increasingly nervous that I won't get into ANY.

Should I prepare for worst case scenario? Like looking for jobs doing 4th retake (earliest would be Oct) and applying again...?
Well, my first thought is you probably need to chill. Then you need to weigh your career goals with the realistic expectations for your school choices. If you are at the point where you are concerned you won't get into any of the schools you applied to, then you possibly overshot your numbers. Did you look at mylsn for chances? The smart play for applications is a few reach, a few competitive, and a few safety schools, so you at least have one option. If you won't be happy graduating from a non-T6 school, then you obviously need to retake (if you end up in the same place as last year).

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what kind of answer you're looking for. It all depends on your career goals, your numbers, and what you wanna do with your law degree.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:59 pm

It's jan 8th

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:39 pm

It is always a good idea to have a backup plan or prepare for the worst case scenario. If you are not admitted to a school, you may contact a specific school you are interested in attending and asking what they recommend. Usually, a student can submit a stronger application by either increasing their GPA and LSAT scores, gaining more experience in the legal field, taking part in more extra-curricular activities, or by working on submitting a stronger personal statement and supplemental application. Wait and see what the result is and then go from there. If law is something you are passionate about and something you really want to pursue, then look into strengthening your application for the next admission cycle.

magicmagic

New

Post by magicmagic » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Dude, there are good schools outside of the t-14. Send applications to Minnesota, Texas, Vanderbilt, UCLA, BU, maybe Iowa depending on where you want to practice. It's definitely not too late to apply. You can get a good job if you have great grades from any of those schools, and if you are dead-set on t-14, you can probably transfer out later. I wouldn't postpone your career another year to see if you can improve your LSAT...after three attempts, that's probably not very likely. There's hope, money, and job prospects outside of the t-14! :wink: (And a lot less debt.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”