Still waiting on a LOR Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fetyukovich

New

Still waiting on a LOR

Post by Fetyukovich » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:29 pm

Will an Adcom look at an application with only one LOR (assume the school requires 2)? One of my recommenders is taking a loooong time to get to the LOR and I've already applied even though I have yet to receive the 2nd LOR.

Fetyukovich

New

Re: Still waiting on a LOR

Post by Fetyukovich » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:22 am

Anyone have insight into this? The problem is that it is late in the game and my recommender may take another 1-3 weeks.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:25 am

I don't think your application/report gets sent until you have all the necessary materials including required number of LORs. You sure your report has been sent?

joeycxxxx09

Bronze

Post by joeycxxxx09 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 am

You should get on the professors ass/get a new one asap. End of January isn't ideal ^they won't send until they have the req. number for the school

seashell.economy

Bronze

Post by seashell.economy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:33 am

I second trying to get another a letter out from a different professor, but you want to make sure you tell the new LOR professor your situation, and do so in a way that is not disparaging to the old LOR professor (not that you would do that, but just saying...)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

danielneuman613

New

Post by danielneuman613 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Should definitely get a second LOR. As quickly as possible, try and explain the situation to a professor of yours, they may understand.
Alternatively, some universities require only one (although even then, usually better to send a second). In this case, if you want to try and get it out as early as possible, go ahead and check to see if any of the universities on your list accept only one, and apply.

Daniel

Fetyukovich

New

Post by Fetyukovich » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:20 pm

Thanks for the replies.

You all are right, my application and report were not sent to the school. I have applied pressure to the guy who will write the LOR, but I am realizing that he is flaky (not to mention, he is quite busy). It seems very late to ask someone else to write an LOR, I think I just need to push him to get one in in the next 1-2 weeks.

The issue is that I think my chances of getting in could be going down as I wait for this LOR.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”