Negotiate Now or Later? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
vested

New

Negotiate Now or Later?

Post by vested » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:13 am

I've gotten into a T14 and been given a fairly generous scholarship offer (~80% of tuition). Since receiving the offer, I've been given a full ride to a T20 and scored ONE point higher on the LSAT. Is now an appropriate time to reach out to the admissions office to ask for a higher scholarship amount? I ask because I thought I read somewhere on this forum that deans prefer those requests later in the spring and may get annoyed if approached too early.

Also, is my one point increase worth mentioning or should I focus solely on the full ride offer?

Hand

Gold

Re: Negotiate Now or Later?

Post by Hand » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:19 am

There is no reason not to start negotiating once you have some leverage. And mention both.

TheProdigal

Silver

Re: Negotiate Now or Later?

Post by TheProdigal » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:26 am

Hand wrote:There is no reason not to start negotiating once you have some leverage. And mention both.
It's been mentioned before by the professionals admissions offices dislike negotiations and will be less inclined to give increases to the first round of negotiation attempts. May be better to just inform all schools of the score increase and wait a couple of months.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”