Berkeley LSAT Score Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
biggestlawman

Silver

Berkeley LSAT Score

Post by biggestlawman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:30 am

Could someone explain the reason for Berkeley's LSAT T50 being 166? What is the admissions process for Berkeley like? Thanks.

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Berkeley LSAT Score

Post by Dcc617 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:36 am

biggestlawman wrote:Could someone explain the reason for Berkeley's LSAT T50 being 166? What is the admissions process for Berkeley like? Thanks.
I think it's because they're actually holistic and they actually care about more than numbers. I always shake my head when schools claim to consider the whole candidate and then it just so happens that all these stellar people also have perfect stats.

biggestlawman

Silver

Post by biggestlawman » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:45 am

Dcc617 wrote:
biggestlawman wrote:Could someone explain the reason for Berkeley's LSAT T50 being 166? What is the admissions process for Berkeley like? Thanks.
I think it's because they're actually holistic and they actually care about more than numbers. I always shake my head when schools claim to consider the whole candidate and then it just so happens that all these stellar people also have perfect stats.
What kind of factors weigh heavily in the Berkeley's admissions process? Could you please elaborate?

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 am

biggestlawman wrote:
Dcc617 wrote:
What kind of factors weigh heavily in the Berkeley's admissions process? Could you please elaborate?
URM status, impressive work experience, demonstrated commitment to public interest, having a unique or compelling life story

Not an exhaustive list. Just a few things that come to mind.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”