A Shitty Gap Year, Any Advice Pls? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Woovii

New

A Shitty Gap Year, Any Advice Pls?

Post by Woovii » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:20 am

Hi, I decided to go law school at the end of 2014, but because of a lack of self-discipline for LSAT and funding, I winded up doing nothing until this day. It' clear now I can only aim for the 2017 season, and I've determined to go for an 180 in LSAT this June.

So do I have to account for my "2015 doing nothing" phase in my resume and if so how does it really hurt?

Thanks!

PoopyPants

Bronze

Re: A Shitty Gap Year, Any Advice Pls?

Post by PoopyPants » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:02 pm

You should try to avoid any gaps in your resume. You really did nothing for an entire year? You didn't work? Didn't volunteer? You just sat on your ass for 12 months?

rnoodles

Platinum

Post by rnoodles » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:05 pm

When all else fails: I worked with my mom/pop/random family member and his/her business doing X, Y, and Z while focusing on gaining experience prior to law school.

coolestkidever

New

Post by coolestkidever » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:22 pm

Last edited by coolestkidever on Sun May 15, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

burtsbeesfanatic

New

Post by burtsbeesfanatic » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Woovii wrote:Hi, I decided to go law school at the end of 2014, but because of a lack of self-discipline for LSAT and funding, I winded up doing nothing until this day. It' clear now I can only aim for the 2017 season, and I've determined to go for an 180 in LSAT this June.

So do I have to account for my "2015 doing nothing" phase in my resume and if so how does it really hurt?

Thanks!
You did nothing? Like, nothing? How do you do nothing for a year?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PoopyPants

Bronze

Post by PoopyPants » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:41 pm

burtsbeesfanatic wrote:
Woovii wrote:Hi, I decided to go law school at the end of 2014, but because of a lack of self-discipline for LSAT and funding, I winded up doing nothing until this day. It' clear now I can only aim for the 2017 season, and I've determined to go for an 180 in LSAT this June.

Thanks!
My thoughts exactly. Sweet username by the way. My wife and I are obsessed with BB. We use a lot of their stuff for our daughter.

xRON MEXiCOx

Diamond

Post by xRON MEXiCOx » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:28 am

How'd you like survive and eat food and stuff?

Woovii

New

Post by Woovii » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:46 am

PoopyPants wrote:
burtsbeesfanatic wrote:

Thanks!
My thoughts exactly. Sweet username by the way. My wife and I are obsessed with BB. We use a lot of their stuff for our daughter.
I guess there's no limit how low depravity can pull a man down. But I guess I've answered my own question - shut up and get on going. 8)

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:22 am

Work at a shittt gap.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”