Do I break the rules and ask about my status? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emergentlurker

New

Do I break the rules and ask about my status?

Post by emergentlurker » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Long time lurker here looking for advice. I submitted my app to Northwestern on 11/10, and in my application requested an online interview. I still have not heard any communication with them regarding an interview, and am still sitting at incomplete (that’s not surprising since they mention that if you have not completed the interview, your status will remain incomplete). Since they make a point of offering interviews, am I right to be concerned about the fact that I have not heard anything from them? I am above 75th for both GPA and LSAT fwiw.

One other fact makes me think it’s a system error: when I originally submitted, I did not get an automated email with status tacker info. I waited the 72 business hours requested on their website, and had to call the admissions office to receive that information. In this case, would it be inappropriate to contact them and ask about my status? Or am I just being impatient, and should understand that a lot of people are still waiting to hear back?

ilanaglazer

New

Re: Do I break the rules and ask about my status?

Post by ilanaglazer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:34 pm

So it took me a little while to get this as well, but you have to actually register for the online video interview: http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... ine-video/.

It's an interview that you decide to take at any time and they will ask you a series of questions and then you record your answer. There's more info on the website if you have more questions.

emergentlurker

New

Re: Do I break the rules and ask about my status?

Post by emergentlurker » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:25 pm

Thanks so much!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”