Admissions Questions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dg6820a

New

Admissions Questions

Post by dg6820a » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:19 pm

I have a question about admissions:

I finished all of my apps right before Thanksgiving and they are all either "complete" or "under review". I was considering taking the LSAT again (I scored on the higher end of my PTing but I think I might be able to get a point or two boost) but I did not put down that I intend on taking the LSAT again on my application. I also think my GPA will be get a slight boost after this semester (I think I will have a 4.0 this semester). My question is that if I do get accepted and don't like my scholarship options or if I get waitlisted, could I send them my updated information and would they consider my new stats? (this is all assuming that I will get a notification from the schools before the February test of course). Any advice would be appreciated and good luck to everyone who took the December test.

JonTheMandamus

New

Re: Admissions Questions

Post by JonTheMandamus » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:30 pm

When you sign up for an LSAT, LSAC will immediately notify all schools you have sent applications to. You will have to communicate with them whether to hold your application or not. Also, if you mean a boost of like 0.05 for gpa, it won't make a difference really. If you score much higher on the LSAT, schools may consider changing your scholarship amount. What constitutes "much higher" depends on what range you're currently in. If you're over 170, a couple points might be enough. If you're in the 160s, you're going to need to improve by more than 3 points. If you're under that, then it'll depend on the LSAT median ranges of the schools you're applying to.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:31 pm

dg6820a wrote:My question is that if I do get accepted and don't like my scholarship options or if I get waitlisted, could I send them my updated information and would they consider my new stats?
Yes. I would also notify all schools of your new GPA once you get it back after this semester (assuming it did indeed improve).

dvc5240

New

Post by dvc5240 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:43 pm

I have a question regarding transcripts:

I attended Penn State for all 4 years of undergrad, but I completed a calculus course at my local community college the summer after freshman year and had the credits transferred to Penn State. The course, the name of the community college I attended, and credits all appear on my Penn State transcript.

Do I also need to send a transcript from the community college?

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:45 pm

dvc5240 wrote:I have a question regarding transcripts:

I attended Penn State for all 4 years of undergrad, but I completed a calculus course at my local community college the summer after freshman year and had the credits transferred to Penn State. The course, the name of the community college I attended, and credits all appear on my Penn State transcript.

Do I also need to send a transcript from the community college?
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:47 pm

dvc5240 wrote: Do I also need to send a transcript from the community college?
Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”