I'll be a splitter... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
obiethered

New

I'll be a splitter...

Post by obiethered » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Hey everyone,

I have a 2.59 overall. Graduated in 09. Finally getting around to growing up and going back to school. My diagnostic was a 151 on a test i took 3 weeks ago. my current is 157. My wife, a lawyer who almost aced the LSAT, is assisting...but i seriously am having trouble with LR. I've been consistent at -9. I got a -5 on one the other day but the other section was -11.

Anyway, our plan is to head back closer to our family. I plan on going to law school in 2017. And I want as much scholarship money as possible. So i'm shooting for a 170 at least.

Is it crazy to think that 1) i could get my scores up to 170 by the february test. I know that's per individual...but hey, I'm a smarty-pants...just out of practice taking tests. And that 2) even if I can't get past a 160, that I could get into Louisville and perhaps get some scholarship money?

thank you ahead of time for any advice or even just thoughts on the subject. I know this is an admissions-specific forum, but if anyone has some good tips on unlocking LR, i'll gladly take it. I'm -2 on LG...and screwing up RC at -10 or so...but I'll nail that down soon enough.

Tiny123

New

Re: I'll be a splitter...

Post by Tiny123 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:12 pm

This might sound bad.. My LSAT instructor once told me that no one with a score under 160 should go to law school... ( I m bad with test taking too).. I think even if u break 165 (170 even better), U will still have many options in T1 school. Especially if you are applying to T30-T40 school, they don't usually get 170+ students that much.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:48 pm

If you look in the LSAT prep forum, there is lots and lots of helpful advice. People here have definitely gone from diagnostics in the 150s to scores in the 170s, and three weeks is not a lot of time studying yet at all. Depending how much time you can put toward the test between now and February, you are likely to be able to improve quite a bit - but the LSAT prep will give you a lot better specific advice than I can.

If you haven't checked out mylsn.info, take a look and plug in your stats, and you'll get a better sense of your chances at specific schools.

Good luck!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:53 pm

crazy to get to 170 by feb?
no, not crazy. but it depends on a lot of variables,
logic games are generally easiest to make gains on. so if you're already -2 on LG and are sitting at ~157, you have a serious uphill climb
shoot for feb. go to the lsat forum and learn the ropes. but don't put all ur eggs in that basket. mentally prepare urself now for a june take

why louisville? goals?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”