Adding info to some apps, but not others? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hhollow

New

Adding info to some apps, but not others?

Post by hhollow » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:02 pm

I have one employment experience that I completely forgot to include in the Employment section that some schools have, and have already submitted some of those apps. It's not on my resume because honestly, it was a one-day paid event & is a generic position, and the least important of the things I have listed. And because I don't have room for it on my resume.

I'm only wondering about adding it now because it was during the school year, but I don't know exactly how much weight that has.

Should I include it in future apps? If I do, do I need to notify my submitted schools of the change? Because without putting it on my resume, how could I notify schools that don't have the Employment section, other than editing my resume (which is just another nightmare...).

I'm not really sure if it's worth the trouble. Any and all input is appreciated.
Thanks!

petepilsh

New

Re: Adding info to some apps, but not others?

Post by petepilsh » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:14 pm

huh.

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:16 pm

If you consider it unimportant and don't have enough room for it, isn't that kind of the answer to your question?

hhollow

New

Post by hhollow » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Nagster5 wrote:If you consider it unimportant and don't have enough room for it, isn't that kind of the answer to your question?
True. (And thank you.) But I'm a worrier :oops:
I'm thinking to either just not include it anywhere, or just put it in from now on and not do amendments...

Nagster5

Silver

Post by Nagster5 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:29 pm

hhollow wrote:
Nagster5 wrote:If you consider it unimportant and don't have enough room for it, isn't that kind of the answer to your question?
True. (And thank you.) But I'm a worrier :oops:
I'm thinking to either just not include it anywhere, or just put it in from now on and not do amendments...
If you do include it, only do so if it's more impressive than what you're deleting to make room for it. And if you do, I think sending an addendum to other schools is unnecessary. They won't know or care that you submitted a slightly altered resume to other schools. If you're really paranoid you could just submit the updated resume to the admissions office.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”