Non-Compliance License Suspension in Ohio, did not disclose Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MOKE4311

New

Non-Compliance License Suspension in Ohio, did not disclose

Post by MOKE4311 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,

Need some advice here. I submitted my ED application to BU and then realized that I am currently serving a non-compliance license suspension in Ohio for driving without insurance. Should I reach out to the school and request to submit an addendum to my application/notify them that this was left out? Or would that be shooting myself in the foot for something that isn't a big deal? Please please please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sweetneers

New

Re: Non-Compliance License Suspension in Ohio, did not disclose

Post by Sweetneers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:28 pm

kochmj wrote:Hi everyone,

Need some advice here. I submitted my ED application to BU and then realized that I am currently serving a non-compliance license suspension in Ohio for driving without insurance. Should I reach out to the school and request to submit an addendum to my application/notify them that this was left out? Or would that be shooting myself in the foot for something that isn't a big deal? Please please please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
You absolutely must contact them and tell them. This is the kind of stuff that can get you in a mess during the Character and Fitness section of the Bar.

jdmonkey

Bronze

Re: Non-Compliance License Suspension in Ohio, did not disclose

Post by jdmonkey » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:42 pm

It isn't a big deal, but you should contact BU ASAP. The bar examiners don't care about petty crime/violations, but they will stop you from sitting to take the bar if you lie on your law school application. Imagine 3 years of law school, and you can't even sit to take the bar. No brainer...amend the application.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”