Optional addendum question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Scalvert

Silver

Optional addendum question

Post by Scalvert » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Deleted
Last edited by Scalvert on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: Optional addendum question

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:23 pm

I would not do it. Personal statements don't have to be about the most important reason you want to go to law school or even why you want to go at all. Just pick another aspect of your life or story you can tell.

Scalvert

Silver

Post by Scalvert » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:57 pm

deleted
Last edited by Scalvert on Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:14 am

Dude, I'm sorry, and I'm all for risky PS and support your general claim and its importance in your life. I had a different interesting story I could have told in my own PS so I get it. But you need to not do this. NO ONE has gotten into school because of a personal statement, but plenty have gotten dinged for it. This isn't going to impress anyone, and aside from drawing obvious attention to your potential as a risk, it risks insulting adcomms who may have family members struggling with depression. Its a sensitive topic and it will only hurt you.

Think about what your saying bro, If you have to write an addendum for an essay you chose to attach, that's a bad topic. This isn't your chance to shine, its your chance to be average enough to not get disqualified...you chose to write on a topic that could very well rub people the wrong way. As happy as I am for you in real life, this is a stupid stupid idea and you should stop it right now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”