What are my chances of getting into BC, or NYU, BU law school? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
David913

New

What are my chances of getting into BC, or NYU, BU law school?

Post by David913 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 pm

I am looking to apply to these schools with a gpa of 3.3. If I get at least a 165 on the LSAT will I have any chances of getting in? I'm not sure if they take other things in consideration such as work and volunteer experience, but I have experience in both. While attending school I have worked three jobs at the same time, while volunteering. I have presented at a child rights convention, and I am an active member at my church. I am also a minority. I think I have a chance, but with law school you never know. Any advice will be appreciated.

benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:13 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Re: What are my chances of getting into BC, or NYU, BU law school?

Post by foregetaboutdre » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:02 pm

take it or leave it, i've found the LSAC UGPA/LSAT calculator when applying to be the most accurate "chances" calculator. Although the ranges are bigger - their sample size dwarfs LSN etc...

theotherone823

Bronze

Re: What are my chances of getting into BC, or NYU, BU law school?

Post by theotherone823 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:19 pm

David913 wrote:I'm not sure if they take other things in consideration such as work and volunteer experience, but I have experience in both. While attending school I have worked three jobs at the same time, while volunteering. I have presented at a child rights convention, and I am an active member at my church.
This stuff doesn't matter much, except at the margins. Law school admissions is 99% a numbers game (uGPA & LSAT).
David913 wrote:I am also a minority.
What kind of minority? When it comes to law school admissions, not all minorities are created equal.

With your uGPA, NYU is probably going to take an LSAT of at least a 172-73. For BU and BC, you probably need to be at least at a 167-68. If you are the right kind of URM (underrepresented minority), you can take about 5 points off of those numbers and probably still have a good shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”