An Inquiry Into the Fragility of the t14 Concept Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
180orRetake

New

Re: An Inquiry Into the Fragility of the t14 Concept

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:22 pm

rpupkin wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:this went downhill quickly
Given where this thread started, I'd say that this has gone uphill. Not joking. DF flame war way more entertaining than the boring (and barely intelligible) topic raised in OP.
Barely intelligible? What part of the OP is even REMOTELY hard to understand. It literally couldn't be any more straightforward. It's amazing how stupid some of you are.

DF: still waiting on those stats (weight, etc)

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:06 pm

180orRetake wrote: Barely intelligible? What part of the OP is even REMOTELY hard to understand. It literally couldn't be any more straightforward. It's amazing how stupid some of you are.
LJL at how illiterate you are. Here's your OP:
I’ve seen a few people talk about the possibility of certain schools slipping into or out of the t14. This is a nonsensical discussion. After all, the relative prestige of the “t14” stems from the specific schools that have historically occupied this list, NOT from the fact that these schools happen to be ranked in the top 14 of a list. For example, if UT-Austin were to supplant GULC in the t14, UT-A would not suddenly be accorded the same t-14 prestige; similarly, GULC would not be divested of theirs. This is why the threshold for special status starts at the seemingly arbitrary number of “t14” and not something more intuitive like “t10”, “t15”, or “t20”.

Cliffnotes: conversations regarding schools being added/lost to the t14 are incoherent. If this were to happen in the rankings, the entire t14 concept would cease to exist and break off into a parallel universe.
You write like a high school sophomore who is trying to sound smart and sophisticated. Seriously, bro, you should forget about the whole law thing. Stick with your $115K/yr job in your affordable region.

hairbear7

Silver

Post by hairbear7 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 pm

rpupkin wrote: You write like a high school sophomore who is trying to sound smart and sophisticated.
An Inquiry Into the Fragility of the t14 Concept
Checks out :lol:

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:50 pm

hairbear7 wrote:
rpupkin wrote: You write like a high school sophomore who is trying to sound smart and sophisticated.
An Inquiry Into the Fragility of the t14 Concept
Checks out :lol:
lmao. The thread title was meant to be an allusion to the type of titles many philosophers have used for some truly insightful writing (david hume's "an enquiry concerning human understanding", for example.) And this was meant to be ironic, of course, as the point I was trying to in this thread should be common sense.
Last edited by 180orRetake on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rahulg91

Bronze

Post by rahulg91 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:54 pm

Is someone trying to legitimize that Law CenTTTer again?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:55 pm

rpupkin wrote:
180orRetake wrote: Barely intelligible? What part of the OP is even REMOTELY hard to understand. It literally couldn't be any more straightforward. It's amazing how stupid some of you are.
LJL at how illiterate you are. Here's your OP:
I’ve seen a few people talk about the possibility of certain schools slipping into or out of the t14. This is a nonsensical discussion. After all, the relative prestige of the “t14” stems from the specific schools that have historically occupied this list, NOT from the fact that these schools happen to be ranked in the top 14 of a list. For example, if UT-Austin were to supplant GULC in the t14, UT-A would not suddenly be accorded the same t-14 prestige; similarly, GULC would not be divested of theirs. This is why the threshold for special status starts at the seemingly arbitrary number of “t14” and not something more intuitive like “t10”, “t15”, or “t20”.

Cliffnotes: conversations regarding schools being added/lost to the t14 are incoherent. If this were to happen in the rankings, the entire t14 concept would cease to exist and break off into a parallel universe.
You write like a high school sophomore who is trying to sound smart and sophisticated. Seriously, bro, you should forget about the whole law thing. Stick with your $115K/yr job in your affordable region.
???? trying to sound sophisticated? lol! there's not a single sophisticated word in this entire post. "Supplant?" should i have said "replaced"? would that have made this less pseudo-intellectual for you?

perhaps you just cant read. this is also supported by the fact that you said "your affordable region" when i specifically said that 115k is actually not that much in my specific region....in other words, cost of living is exorbitantly high here.

hang in there, boss.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:56 pm

rahulg91 wrote:Is someone trying to legitimize that Law CenTTTer again?
Yea that was my first thought: a prospective GULC applicant on the defensive about the school getting routinely mocked as falling out of T14

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:05 pm

180orRetake wrote:he doesnt make much more than me right now
180orRetake wrote:i dont make 200k. i make about 115.
so you're going to law school b/c you're not v good at math, right?

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:11 pm

chuckbass wrote:

he has a fucking law degree from duke lmao. i have 2 years of work experience and a BA in english. so yes, all things considered, the difference between his 195 and my 115 is actually pretty god damn marginal. and that gap will only shrink over time.

solid try though. next?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:13 pm

180orRetake wrote:
chuckbass wrote:

he has a fucking law degree from duke lmao. i have 2 years of work experience and a BA in english. so yes, all things considered, the difference between his 195 and my 115 is actually pretty god damn marginal. and that gap will only shrink over time.

solid try though. next?
lol your reading comp gets me every time

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Honey that's not how math works

You're also mixing DF up with someone else I think

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:17 pm

chuckbass wrote:Honey that's not how math works

what fucking "math" are you even talking about? i said that his salary isnt all that much more than mine. he makes 195 and i make 115. there is no mathematically objective standard as to what would constitute "much more".

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
180orRetake wrote:
chuckbass wrote:

solid try though. next?
lol your reading comp gets me every time

your penchant for contributing to my threads gets me every time. by the way, are you hot?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:22 pm

180orRetake wrote:

what fucking "math" are you even talking about? i said that his salary isnt all that much more than mine. he makes 195 and i make 115. there is no mathematically objective standard as to what would constitute "much more".
You make "about" 115k so I'm just gonna guess it's a little lower. Even if it is 115, 80k more constitutes "much more."

Also why do you think DF went to Duke just curious.

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 pm

180orretake please update your username to match new forum standards ASAP

rahulg91

Bronze

Post by rahulg91 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:24 pm

ITT: 180orRetake getting Meek Mill'd

DF, consider starting a career as a hip hop artist

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:29 pm

chuckbass wrote:
180orRetake wrote:

You make "about" 115k so I'm just gonna guess it's a little lower. Even if it is 115, 80k more constitutes "much more."

Also why do you think DF went to Duke just curious.
idk i think i clicked his profile.

and it's still relative. you saying "thats not how math works" implies that there's some actual mathematical formula that quantifies what i meant by "much more".

you lost here. just try a new angle, ill be waiting.
Last edited by 180orRetake on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

180orRetake

New

Post by 180orRetake » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:30 pm

rahulg91 wrote:ITT: 180orRetake getting Meek Mill'd

DF, consider starting a career as a hip hop artist

never. good luck though. i have faith in you guys.

benwyatt

Platinum

Post by benwyatt » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:36 pm

180orretake is such a boring troll

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:47 pm

180orRetake wrote:lmao. The thread title was meant to be an allusion to the type of titles many philosophers have used for some truly insightful writing (david hume's "an enquiry concerning human understanding", for example.)
Dude, you're a horrible writer. Perhaps you'll get the message if I use the language of your native country of Douchebagistan: "If one wishes to divest himself of the ostensibly arbitrary designation of that of a functional illiterate, one would do well to literally stop posting."

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 pm

rpupkin wrote:
180orRetake wrote:lmao. The thread title was meant to be an allusion to the type of titles many philosophers have used for some truly insightful writing (david hume's "an enquiry concerning human understanding", for example.)
Dude, you're a horrible writer. Perhaps you'll get the message if I use the language of your native country of Douchebagistan: "If one wishes to divest himself of the ostensibly arbitrary designation of that of a functional illiterate, one would do well to literally stop posting."
I think this is a good note on which to end this thread. The trolling has been lovely, but all good things must come to an end. (And so it's clear to the OP: I'm locking this because you're being a troll and an ass.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”