Is appealing to a school's clerkship #s a good idea? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Oskosh

Silver

Is appealing to a school's clerkship #s a good idea?

Post by Oskosh » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:59 pm

I am wondering because I mention several schools' clinics in my "Why X Law School Statements," but neglected to mention their clerkship numbers. Obviously their ability to place a significant amount of their students in clerkships is advantageous to me, but I do not know whether admissions committees would construe that as being self-involved. Thoughts?

Sideshow Raheem

New

Re: Is appealing to a school's clerkship #s a good idea?

Post by Sideshow Raheem » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:10 pm

It's fine if you bring it up in the context of why obtaining a federal clerkship would be in line with your career goals. If you just leave it at "I also like School X because of their 11% fedclerk placement rate" or whatever it would probably seem like an awkward throw-in.

Oskosh

Silver

Re: Is appealing to a school's clerkship #s a good idea?

Post by Oskosh » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:37 pm

Sideshow Raheem wrote:It's fine if you bring it up in the context of why obtaining a federal clerkship would be in line with your career goals. If you just leave it at "I also like School X because of their 11% fedclerk placement rate" or whatever it would probably seem like an awkward throw-in.
That's what I was thinking. I planned on doing the former, but was reluctant because I did not know how schools would react.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”