What should I do?(about GPA ) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KenrichMatt

New

What should I do?(about GPA )

Post by KenrichMatt » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:02 am

Hello to all

Such,then,is the way thing stand:My GPA is low in undergraduate course. Should I apply JD after finished postgraduate(the T20 is my goal) ? Or another way to solve the problem of law GPA in undergraduate course ? Such as some exams or anything.
Give me your advices and I will so appreciate!

stego

Platinum

Re: What should I do?(about GPA )

Post by stego » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:27 am

Are you real?

If you are real, you should probably not go to law school. Your English is terrible, and lawyers spend a lot of time reading and writing. A low GPA limits your options as to which law schools you can get into. A very high LSAT score can help to some extent. If your posts on this forum are reflective of your language abilities, a very high LSAT score seems unlikely for you.

If you are not real, keep on doing what you're doing I guess.

ihenry

Silver

Post by ihenry » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:38 am

Your first post looks like trolling but from this post, it seems you are for real.

Go to a law school in a language you are better at dude. If you are better at none than this, forget law school.

Lawdood

New

Post by Lawdood » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:20 am

100% troll.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:42 am

Law schools use your undergrad GPA, grades earned before the award of your first BA, as the GPA that they consider in your application. So if you've finished your undergrad degree, that GPA is set. Doing well in postgraduate work helps a tiny bit, because it shows that you can succeed academically, but the undergrad GPA is what really counts.

However, if your degree is bit from the U.S. or Canada, schools won't look at the specific GPA - you will get a label of "superior" or "above average" or "average", and your LSAT score will take on even greater weight.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”