UGH... Am I screwed? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MH1234

New

UGH... Am I screwed?

Post by MH1234 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:08 pm

I graduated high school eight years ago. My first semester after high school while working full-time, I took an online course through a local community college and received (I think) a B+. I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I completely forgot to disclose this on LSAC when I filled out my application. The course did not transfer when I became a full-time student at a different school the next semester and because I rarely even paid attention to the course, I guess I just forgot about it. No clue and I now feel like an idiot.

I realized my error this weekend and immediately sent an email to the admissions office at the school I will be attending (with a substantial scholarship). Since the course does not appear on any transcripts, I doubt the school would have even found out, but I certainly wanted to disclose my mistake. So what now? Will my admission be revoked? I'm going to send my track down my transcript tomorrow and immediately forward it to my school but I'm assuming LSAC needs to be notified as well? Completely lost here...

EDIT: My LSAC GPA was a 3.17, so it's not going to significantly change that.
Last edited by MH1234 on Mon May 25, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: UGH... Am I screwed?

Post by BigZuck » Mon May 25, 2015 7:11 pm

I think as long as you explain what you did and let LSAC and your school know (and it sounds like you're doing both those things) then you should be 100% totally fine

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Mon May 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Yeah you should send those emails asap.

On the bright side, that forgotten class will bump your gpa up.

UofCforme

New

Post by UofCforme » Tue May 26, 2015 12:10 am

nlee10 wrote:Yeah you should send those emails asap.

On the bright side, that forgotten class will bump your gpa up.

I think the fact that it improves your GPA is what saves you here. It is very clear that you weren't concealing anything and no law school in America is going to get pissy about one of their admits having a higher GPA than what they originally anticipated.

Jaydee

New

Post by Jaydee » Tue May 26, 2015 7:31 am

MH1234 wrote:I graduated high school eight years ago. My first semester after high school while working full-time, I took an online course through a local community college and received (I think) a B+. I'm not sure how I managed to do it, but I completely forgot to disclose this on LSAC when I filled out my application. The course did not transfer when I became a full-time student at a different school the next semester and because I rarely even paid attention to the course, I guess I just forgot about it. No clue and I now feel like an idiot.

I realized my error this weekend and immediately sent an email to the admissions office at the school I will be attending (with a substantial scholarship). Since the course does not appear on any transcripts, I doubt the school would have even found out, but I certainly wanted to disclose my mistake. So what now? Will my admission be revoked? I'm going to send my track down my transcript tomorrow and immediately forward it to my school but I'm assuming LSAC needs to be notified as well? Completely lost here...

EDIT: My LSAC GPA was a 3.17, so it's not going to significantly change that.
I don't think it will matter at all. I took a total of 6 classes at 2 different CC colleges during winter sessions and had it transferred to my UG. They used these classes to fulfill my degree requirement and it's noted on my UG transcript as F/P from ____ college (even though I received a letter grade at the CC).
Long story short: I never requested those transcripts; I guess I forgot. Those 2 schools appear on my LSAC report as an "unacknowledged Transcript" I have 2 of these on my LSAC report and I was still admitted to law school with scholarships. It never became an issue (but I eventually requested them and had them sent to LSDAS). Those grades, btw, would lower my GPA; I knew they would be P/F at my UG so I really didn't study.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”