Any LSAC fee waiver success stories? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AlexandraHope

Bronze

Any LSAC fee waiver success stories?

Post by AlexandraHope » Fri May 15, 2015 1:33 pm

I'm calculating fees that I should expect next school year, and I really don't know how i am going to afford the application process. My mom is a single parent and a teacher, so usually I am considered low middle class.
Last edited by AlexandraHope on Fri May 15, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexandraHope

Bronze

Re: Any LSAC fee waiver success stories?

Post by AlexandraHope » Fri May 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Thank-You!!!

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:49 pm

I got turned down by LSAC since I'm not in utter poverty, but I applied to 14 schools (T14-Y) without paying a single application fee. Sometimes if you just ask and outline your financial situation they'll waive the fee.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri May 15, 2015 1:51 pm

usn26 wrote:I got turned down by LSAC since I'm not in utter poverty, but I applied to 14 schools (T14-Y) without paying a single application fee. Sometimes if you just ask and outline your financial situation they'll waive the fee.
I found I just sort of asked and got to almost every single school I applied to.

I paid at Berk and Chicago. I don't believe they do waivers unless they're needs based or you're like TFA or something. OP, just send them an email saying your LSAT, GPA, and LSAC # and simply ask for one. Schools often are generous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 pm

tealeaves12

Bronze

Post by tealeaves12 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:13 pm

I did qualify. But I was out of the country for part of the year, so that income wasn't obvious on my tax return which is all they asked for. (Might have still qualified tho tbh).

I made an insanely low amount of money that year though. Insanely. The next year I had really picked myself up, financially speaking, but like I said all they asked for was the tax return for one specific year and then once I qualified it was good for a couple years.

But I didn't know about tls back then and it sounds like you should just follow the other threads advice. Seems like the financial fee waiver restrictions are just too tight with lsac.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”