B+ Letter of Recommendation Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ShadowMoses

New

B+ Letter of Recommendation

Post by ShadowMoses » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:46 pm

I know this topic has been discussed, but I'm still unsure about it. I have a decent relationship with a prof. who agreed to write me a letter when I asked earlier this semester, but I just got my grade back today and I didn't do so hot on the final. I just missed the A- mark. I had him during a previous semester and I did earn an A- in that class though. I know that he'll still write one, but I'm wondering whether I should use it now.

I have one other decent academic letter, and another glowing non-academic letter. The non-academic is from a supervisor for a 2-year mission and we worked closely together. He just happens to be an administrator at my university but he doesn't teach.

Any advice on whether I should use all 3 would be great, thanks!

swampman

Bronze

Re: B+ Letter of Recommendation

Post by swampman » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:03 pm

You need to have a conversation with them and ask if they would still be willing to write a strong recommendation for you. If so, the grade you got isn't relevant. If you get an ambivalent answer, don't use that professor.

downbeat14

Silver

Post by downbeat14 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:10 pm

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:22 pm

I don't know the relationship, but I got a B+ on my last paper for my professor and she wrote me an amazing LOR. If you're close with the professor and have done very well overall, then the letter should be positive. YMMV, I guess though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”