Deposits to Hold Seat While Still Waiting to hear back
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:44 am
I received an offer from Georgetown, as a transfer, to start full time in 2015 I applied early action.
Georgetown is my safety. My first choice doesn't do EA so I won't hear back from them until at least the third week of June once my spring grades come in etc...
I have to submit a $600 deposit to Georgetown by May 1 and another $1000 on June 1 to "reserve my seat". How strict is this ?
Id like to avoid paying a deposit, but still keep my Georgetown offer "active" and eligible if my first choice doesn't pan out and need to enroll at Georgetown.
Does anyone have any experience or insight with how seat deposits work?
If I ask Georgetown for an extension, would they honor one? Would they "know what i was up to" and revoke my offer? Or, will they just decline to extend the deposit and ask that I make one or else risk losing my seat?
Thanks. Any insight would be really helpful.
Georgetown is my safety. My first choice doesn't do EA so I won't hear back from them until at least the third week of June once my spring grades come in etc...
I have to submit a $600 deposit to Georgetown by May 1 and another $1000 on June 1 to "reserve my seat". How strict is this ?
Id like to avoid paying a deposit, but still keep my Georgetown offer "active" and eligible if my first choice doesn't pan out and need to enroll at Georgetown.
Does anyone have any experience or insight with how seat deposits work?
If I ask Georgetown for an extension, would they honor one? Would they "know what i was up to" and revoke my offer? Or, will they just decline to extend the deposit and ask that I make one or else risk losing my seat?
Thanks. Any insight would be really helpful.