Should(n't) take 2nd LSAT
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:14 pm
Hey everyone,
3.78, 168
So I have placed a deposit at a t-20 school for the fall, and I have a full ride. I am excited to attend, but also a bit regretful that I didn't get into the t-14 schools I was shooting for with enough money to make them financially reasonable. I am wondering if there would be any consequence to taking the LSAT again in June.
This is my thinking -- if I take the LSAT again and score better (say 170-173) I can wait and reapply next year for hopefully better results. If I don't score better, then I can simply attend the school I have deposited at for the fall.
However, I am concerned about the possibility of scoring lower. Would this negatively impact my current situation? i.e. My current school pulls my scholarship due to a worse LSAT score. I only bring it up because I have not studied one piece of LSAT material since I took the test back in September 2014.
I think that 7 weeks is potentially enough time for me to get back into the swing and improve my score. But maybe this is a bad idea. Part of me is saying that a "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." I don't want to fuck up my current situation on the off chance I would improve my outcomes for next year.
Any help is appreciated and brutality is expected.
3.78, 168
So I have placed a deposit at a t-20 school for the fall, and I have a full ride. I am excited to attend, but also a bit regretful that I didn't get into the t-14 schools I was shooting for with enough money to make them financially reasonable. I am wondering if there would be any consequence to taking the LSAT again in June.
This is my thinking -- if I take the LSAT again and score better (say 170-173) I can wait and reapply next year for hopefully better results. If I don't score better, then I can simply attend the school I have deposited at for the fall.
However, I am concerned about the possibility of scoring lower. Would this negatively impact my current situation? i.e. My current school pulls my scholarship due to a worse LSAT score. I only bring it up because I have not studied one piece of LSAT material since I took the test back in September 2014.
I think that 7 weeks is potentially enough time for me to get back into the swing and improve my score. But maybe this is a bad idea. Part of me is saying that a "bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." I don't want to fuck up my current situation on the off chance I would improve my outcomes for next year.
Any help is appreciated and brutality is expected.