Considering part-time law while still active duty Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
scampbell96706

New

Considering part-time law while still active duty

Post by scampbell96706 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 am

Hi everyone,

I am considering a part-time law school while I am still active duty and wonder if there are any programs out there that will support. I have already transferred my GI Bill to my dependent and, as I understand, the Yellow Ribbon Program and Voc Rehab do not apply to AD members.

Any info out there?

Thanks in advance

TLSModBot

Diamond

Re: Considering part-time law while still active duty

Post by TLSModBot » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:16 am

Not super on point but taking a stab - non-military evening student at GULC here with at least one colleague serving while in school.

From what I understand, the higher up schools with evening programs don't seem to offer much flexibility in terms of scheduling and are notoriously tightfisted with aid (at GULC, you are not even allowed to apply for aid). Meaning: if there are programs out there, don't expect them to come from the schools themselves.

Anyone with military or regional part-time program experience feel free to correct me.

DiniMae

Silver

Re: Considering part-time law while still active duty

Post by DiniMae » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:57 pm

You're correct about the YRP. Head over to the vet thread and perhaps you'll get some new info. But yea, good luck on GULC PT with any kind of school money. Start applying for external scholarships--there are several for vets.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”