Page 1 of 1

June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:06 am
by JonTheMandamus
Hi folks. So there have been several threads about whether or not to take the June LSAT for leveraging more scholarship money. But I haven't been able to find much about how one actually goes about doing this. I would mostly likely be depositing at one school, and be sitting on the waitlist for a few others. Do I notify these schools before taking the exam? Or do I simply take the exam and then email the adcomms if my score is higher? I'm just trying to get an idea of what the politely aggressive approach is. Thanks!

Re: June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:48 pm
by PublicInterest2018
I think there is no benefit to telling them ahead of time. I think just retake and then try to negotiate if you get an increase. (leverage potentially sitting out a cycle or a waitlist acceptance/scholarship offer)

Re: June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:46 pm
by JonTheMandamus
PublicInterest2018 wrote:I think there is no benefit to telling them ahead of time. I think just retake and then try to negotiate if you get an increase. (leverage potentially sitting out a cycle or a waitlist acceptance/scholarship offer)
I was thinking something along those lines as well, but just wanted some validation. Thanks for your advice!

Re: June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:10 am
by Blah.
I am interested in this as well.

Is it in poor taste at all to not tell them ahead of time? Would they rescind a scholarship offer if they found out?

Re: June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 am
by iVi
Considered this too, but doubt I'll pursue it. Seems unlikely they'll have much money to offer by that point, so unless you're okay with sitting out a cycle there seems to be little upside.

Re: June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 am
by JonTheMandamus
Blah. wrote:I am interested in this as well.

Is it in poor taste at all to not tell them ahead of time? Would they rescind a scholarship offer if they found out?
From what I've read here on TLS it doesn't seem like anybody has had their scholarship rescinded for taking the June LSAT.