June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JonTheMandamus

New

June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Post by JonTheMandamus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:06 am

Hi folks. So there have been several threads about whether or not to take the June LSAT for leveraging more scholarship money. But I haven't been able to find much about how one actually goes about doing this. I would mostly likely be depositing at one school, and be sitting on the waitlist for a few others. Do I notify these schools before taking the exam? Or do I simply take the exam and then email the adcomms if my score is higher? I'm just trying to get an idea of what the politely aggressive approach is. Thanks!

PublicInterest2018

New

Re: June LSAT 2015 for scholarship this cycle

Post by PublicInterest2018 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:48 pm

I think there is no benefit to telling them ahead of time. I think just retake and then try to negotiate if you get an increase. (leverage potentially sitting out a cycle or a waitlist acceptance/scholarship offer)

JonTheMandamus

New

Post by JonTheMandamus » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:46 pm

PublicInterest2018 wrote:I think there is no benefit to telling them ahead of time. I think just retake and then try to negotiate if you get an increase. (leverage potentially sitting out a cycle or a waitlist acceptance/scholarship offer)
I was thinking something along those lines as well, but just wanted some validation. Thanks for your advice!

Blah.

New

Post by Blah. » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:10 am

I am interested in this as well.

Is it in poor taste at all to not tell them ahead of time? Would they rescind a scholarship offer if they found out?

iVi

Bronze

Post by iVi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:08 am

Considered this too, but doubt I'll pursue it. Seems unlikely they'll have much money to offer by that point, so unless you're okay with sitting out a cycle there seems to be little upside.

JonTheMandamus

New

Post by JonTheMandamus » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:40 am

Blah. wrote:I am interested in this as well.

Is it in poor taste at all to not tell them ahead of time? Would they rescind a scholarship offer if they found out?
From what I've read here on TLS it doesn't seem like anybody has had their scholarship rescinded for taking the June LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”