Hard Deadlines Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
moonshine15

New

Hard Deadlines

Post by moonshine15 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:14 pm

I put in all of my applications a few months ago, but was thinking of throwing 2 or 3 more in. Was curious how hard the deadlines are for the final round (Feb 1/March 1 etc), as some schools like Berkeley have taken down their application from LSAC but others such as Duke and Cornell are still accessible and still able to pay the application fee even though the stated deadline has passed.

Could anyone shed some light on this? I would assume the deadlines are pretty cut and dry but the applications still being up gave me pause.

Best,

Moonshine

MarkfromWI

Bronze

Re: Hard Deadlines

Post by MarkfromWI » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Just call the school(s) admissions office. Mention that the apps are still on LSAC and ask if they will still be accepted. My hunch is that if they're still live on LSAC the admissions folks will probably take a look at any that come rolling in after the deadline, but maybe not.

moonshine15

New

Post by moonshine15 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:21 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would also think that they would look at applications submitted after the deadline, if for nothing else than to avoid a sticky situation of allowing people to continue submitting/paying for applications that won't ever be considered.

Moonshine

jlk411

Bronze

Post by jlk411 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:34 pm

+1 to calling the admissions offices.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”