MyLSN question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Fred Norris

Bronze

MyLSN question

Post by Fred Norris » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:23 am

I'm not the best at this stuff. I'm looking for a way to calculate a person's chances of getting into school C if they got into schools A and B. Is that possible?

js1663

Bronze

Re: MyLSN question

Post by js1663 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:31 am

Not at all. Getting into a school doesn't tell you anything about their stats (whether they were on the high end or low end, did they get in because they were qualified or legacy/pull, etc) and without knowing approximately where they fall as far as GPA/LSAT go there's really no quantitative (mylsn) way to predict where else they'd get in. There is some caveats in that someone getting into Yale will likely have the numbers to get into cornell, though that's not guaranteed and again, knowing their numbers is really the only way to properly predict this and without that mylsn will be of no help.

Furthermore, each law school has their own way of making admissions decisions, so for example someone who got into the #2 school Harvard might not get into #3 Stanford or #7 UPenn. Without knowing the schools specifically it is even more difficult (if it wasn't impossibly so before) to predict where they're likely to get in.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: MyLSN question

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:32 am

you've gotten into H and S i wouldnt be too worried

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”