Northwestern Law Interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cc007

New

Northwestern Law Interview

Post by cc007 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:10 pm

I was able to schedule an on-campus interview at Northwestern. I am wondering whether it would be the worth the $300 cost with my current statistics (3.6, 163) which are a pretty large reach from the medians. I have a solid amount of undergraduate work and leadership experience. I've read that interviews help students coming straight from undergrad surpass the school's preference for postgrad work exp.

Let me know if you guys think if it would be a worthwhile opportunity, or if I should cancel it because I'll essentially get auto-rejected. Thanks!

Auxilio

Silver

Re: Northwestern Law Interview

Post by Auxilio » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:17 pm

I do not want to say it is not worth the effort (especially given the decline in applicants) but I would be very surprised if you got in with your numbers. No one has gotten in with anything very close to you, but a good chunk are waitlisted so. . .

If the $300 is a big deal for you I would not bother, but it is not completely indefensible. I would still advise you not to got Northwestern even if you do get in though. Paying for Northwestern at sticker (you do not get money if barely admitted) is VERY hard to justify. I would not be afraid of taking a year off, improving LSAT, and getting some work experience, especially if Northwestern is a top choice for you.

iVi

Bronze

Post by iVi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:08 am

Ask yourself how much you're willing to pay for a rejection.

Unfortunately, as Auxilio pointed out, your lack of work experience isn't the only thing that hurts your chances at NU. Your numbers alone make it a long shot, thought not impossible.

Definitely consider taking time off to gain valuable work experience; it could only help you when it comes time to reapply. If you're set on a T14, you should also think about retaking the LSAT. A higher score + WE might even make ED admission a possibility.

Good luck.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:11 am

I wouldn't. Even if you got in, which is incredibly unlikely, you'd be paying sticker unless you have the GI Bill/rich uncle, which is insane.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”