likelihood of getting into evening program at Fordham Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
stressed

New

likelihood of getting into evening program at Fordham

Post by stressed » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:35 am

Hi,

I'm taking the Feb LSAT. So far my test scores are varying around 157-158.
BS (Biotechnology): 3.9
MS(Biotechnology): 3.8
PhD(Developmental Biology):3.8 (Getting recommendation letter from thesis committee professor)
USPTO registered patent agent
3 year work experience as a scientific advisor/patent agent in the IP law group of a reputed biotech company. (Getting great recommendation letter from both the senior general counsel & executive director of IP group who are my immediate supervisors)
Interned in a tech consulting firm & a research institute as tech transfer intern.

Will my work history, GPA, education profile and recommendation letters cover for my low LSAT score?

I'll really appreciate your opinion on this.

Thanks for reading.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: likelihood of getting into evening program at Fordham

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 am

Why in the name of all holy fucks would you waste that spectacular GPA on a sub-170 LSAT score?

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:48 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Why in the name of all holy fucks would you waste that spectacular GPA on a sub-170 LSAT score?

probably because since he is asking about night classes and has a job relating to patent work etc. he is working at a good job(likely near Fordham), that could easily have a place for him after getting his J.D., and may even be paying for some/all of his tuition.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:50 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Why in the name of all holy fucks would you waste that spectacular GPA on a sub-170 LSAT score?
im sure there are reasons OP is applying for the evening program that probably warrant his question

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:52 am

Auxilio wrote:

probably because since he is asking about night classes and has a job relating to patent work etc. he is working at a good job(likely near Fordham), that could easily have a place for him after getting his J.D., and may even be paying for some/all of his tuition.
Then that is relevant information that should have been provided.

Because without a guaranteed job, a 3.9 attending Fordham is just irrational. Especially for someone who's probably plenty smart enough to do better than 158.

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:54 am

you probably need to crack 160

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”