Too late to apply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
moejoe193

New

Too late to apply?

Post by moejoe193 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:45 pm

Hey guys,

Long time follower of TLS, first time poster.

I'm conflicted, and coming to you guys for help. I applied later in the cycle then most (waited on December LSAT score), but still got all my apps out by late December/early January, which I figure will be fine for most places I'm applying. However, I'm debating some schools I still want to apply to, mostly for their geographic region and employment numbers (they are all T14 if that is relevant). My GPA and LSAT are at or above their 75%, but I know from looking at other people's cycles on LSN that applying late in the process, regardless of numbers, can hurt you. My question is, is it too late in the cycle for my application to be seriously considered?

(Also, wasn't sure if this is the right spot for this post, so apologies if not in the right thread)

Auxilio

Silver

Re: Too late to apply?

Post by Auxilio » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:10 pm

There has been a lot of speculation that this year especially, with much lower applications at the top tiers, that applying late is fine.

Having said that, apply ASAP if you want to do it.

WhiskeyAndCupcakes

Silver

Post by WhiskeyAndCupcakes » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:13 pm

Last edited by WhiskeyAndCupcakes on Fri May 29, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:02 pm

With predicted T14 median drops this cycle, not only the early birds will get worms.
APPLY APPLY APPLY ASAP. You're not shut out, but time is surely of the essence.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”