Fee Waivers. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LSATgotrocked

New

Fee Waivers.

Post by LSATgotrocked » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:49 pm

I have been receiving fee waivers from law schools where I am above their 75th percentile GPA and slightly below their 25th percentile LSAT. I am not a URM. Do they send these out in some cases because they believe that I could potentially gain admission to their law school (i.e. I make a good candidate)? One school in the top 20 identified me in email as a "strong candidate." I have everything ready to go and was wondering whether or not I should just send my application to these schools too even though they feel like a reach to me (I would only pay the reporting fee).

There were also some schools in the top 10 that I thought I had absolutely no chance of getting into sending me fee waivers? Why?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: Fee Waivers.

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 pm

LSATgotrocked wrote:I have been receiving fee waivers from law schools where I am above their 75th percentile GPA and slightly below their 25th percentile LSAT. I am not a URM. Do they send these out in some cases because they believe that I could potentially gain admission to their law school (i.e. I make a good candidate)? One school in the top 20 identified me in email as a "strong candidate." I have everything ready to go and was wondering whether or not I should just send my application to these schools too even though they feel like a reach to me (I would only pay the reporting fee).

There were also some schools in the top 10 that I thought I had absolutely no chance of getting into sending me fee waivers? Why?
Fee waivers do not indicate whether you're a good candidate for admission. They spam those to almost everyone.

LSATgotrocked

New

Post by LSATgotrocked » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:05 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
LSATgotrocked wrote:I have been receiving fee waivers from law schools where I am above their 75th percentile GPA and slightly below their 25th percentile LSAT. I am not a URM. Do they send these out in some cases because they believe that I could potentially gain admission to their law school (i.e. I make a good candidate)? One school in the top 20 identified me in email as a "strong candidate." I have everything ready to go and was wondering whether or not I should just send my application to these schools too even though they feel like a reach to me (I would only pay the reporting fee).

Fee waivers do not indicate whether you're a good candidate for admission. They spam those to almost everyone.
Thank you for letting me know.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Schools often send out waivers to people they intend to reject solely to make themselves seem more selective for rankings purposes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”