Worse LSAT Score on Retake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rettamkrad

New

Worse LSAT Score on Retake

Post by rettamkrad » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:30 am

I just got my December LSAT score back and I scored 1 point below my previous score from September, which is especially frustrating to me because I only studied for two weeks before my Sep test, spent all of Oct-Nov studying for the Dec test, and was consistently getting significantly higher scores on my practice tests right before the Dec test. I'm applying this cycle, so a retake is not really an option. I was wondering how negatively this would affect my application? Should I include an addendum?

Bigfish41

Bronze

Re: Worse LSAT Score on Retake

Post by Bigfish41 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:48 am

Wait. what? An addendum for -1 point? Don't be a drama queen, (most) schools look at your highest LSAT anyway.

rettamkrad

New

Post by rettamkrad » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:03 am

Bigfish41 wrote:Wait. what? An addendum for -1 point? Don't be a drama queen, (most) schools look at your highest LSAT anyway.
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure how badly it would reflect on me that not only did I not improve on my retake, but I actually did worse, albeit only slightly.

blueapple

Silver

Post by blueapple » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:57 am

I dropped 3 points on my retake and did not write an addendum. My cycle went as expected based on my first score. Don't worry!
Last edited by blueapple on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killingmesoftly

New

Post by killingmesoftly » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:47 pm

I dropped 3 points on my retake and did not write an addendum. My cycle went as expected based on my first score. Don't worry!
This same situation just happened to me on the October test and I was so happy to see this response after reading through the forums. I don't know if this cycle will go the same for me, but reading this was comforting, so thank you!

killingmesoftly

New

Post by killingmesoftly » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:08 pm

This same situation just happened to me on the October test and I was so happy to see this response after reading through the forums. I don't know if this cycle will go the same for me, but reading this was comforting, so thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”