Held: Withdraw and Reapply? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
amariego

New

Held: Withdraw and Reapply?

Post by amariego » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Last edited by amariego on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pylon

Silver

Re: Held: Withdraw and Reapply?

Post by pylon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:52 pm

I don't know the answers to some of your questions, but LSAC does keep LOR's on file for you to reuse. I don't think schools look negatively upon it, unless you submit the same application. Then it's sort of like that quote, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If your application will somehow be different next year, then I don't think it would be negative to withdraw and reapply.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Held: Withdraw and Reapply?

Post by BigZuck » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Usually it's just merit scholarships and loans, need based aid doesn't usually exist at schools like NU. I don't think money in the bank will hurt you.

Unless something has changed your GPA likely forecloses you from ever getting the ED full ride at NU, that's usually for people with above median GPAs AND LSATs. So being held for RD was to be expected. Could still (probably will?) get in and might (probably will?) get some sort of scholarship but just not 150K because of the GPA.

Not sure I understand the benefits of withdrawing/reapplying. The GPA is set in stone and the LSAT is already sky high.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”