LSAT Expiration Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tedler

Gold

LSAT Expiration Question

Post by tedler » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: LSAT Expiration Question

Post by Rigo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:43 pm

When did you actually sit for the LSAT?

The score expiration rule is currently five years from the June after your administration.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=240517

You're talking about your account expiration. That is 5 years after you registered for your LSAT. Worst comes to worst, sign up (and pay) for another administration (and subsequently withdraw from it) and your account expiration will add another 5 years. Yeah it's $170 dollars minus refund down the drain, but it would be worth it to keep your account from being deleted.

tedler

Gold

Post by tedler » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:51 pm

Last edited by tedler on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 pm

tedler wrote:I sat for October 2011--so if I'm reading you correctly, my score is good until June 2017?
That's my understanding of it based on what was said and the LSAC press release in the other thread.

Please note that law schools may have differing policies even though the LSAC policy is to report every score within the last five cycles.
Blueprint Article from 2009 wrote:Like Yale, a ton of schools go with the five-year mark, but there is slight variation with that. For example, the earliest score Yale accepts is October 2004, whereas Stanford is okay with February 2004. UVA will actually go as far back as ten years, but you have to pay a special fee to have LSAC root through the dumpster to find your old score.Cornell only allows four-year-old LSATS, though, and it’s not unique among law schools in that regard. Some schools even want scores from at most three years ago (the earliest you could have taken it to apply for Davis was October 2006). But still, that’s a decent amount of time, so you probably don’t have to worry about rushing.
http://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat- ... es-expire/
Please note that I crossed out the UVA policy because LSAC stated starting June 2015, they will no longer report older than 5 year scores, even if they applicant requests it.
I definitely urge you to contact specific schools and ask them about their individual policies in regards to 4 year old scores.
Expiring scores is also something I'm worried about since I'm looking at possibly delaying law school for several years.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”