Duke PT apply now or after retake. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
superpatton

New

Duke PT apply now or after retake.

Post by superpatton » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Title says it all, recently got offered Duke PT. I am above 75th gpa, but a 167 LSAT. I am retaking in December, and hope to raise my score a couple of points. So I guess my question is, would it be better to utilize PT now and try to get an early acceptance, and then use the December retake for scholarship money? Or should I just put off applying until my retake score. As kind of an aside, will applying early with PT boost my admission chances?

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: Duke PT apply now or after retake.

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:06 pm

you have a good chance of being waitlisted now, I'd wait if you really want to get in.

indo

Bronze

Post by indo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 pm

superpatton wrote:Title says it all, recently got offered Duke PT. I am above 75th gpa, but a 167 LSAT. I am retaking in December, and hope to raise my score a couple of points. So I guess my question is, would it be better to utilize PT now and try to get an early acceptance, and then use the December retake for scholarship money? Or should I just put off applying until my retake score. As kind of an aside, will applying early with PT boost my admission chances?
Apply now and take December test.

LSCHI

Bronze

Post by LSCHI » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:17 am

I'm in the exact same boat. I talked to an admissions officer and based on that conversation I went ahead and applied PT now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”