help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
confused!!!

New

help

Post by confused!!! » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:06 am

So my sophomore year (almost three years ago) I was put on academic probation for plagiarism and after the semester I was successfully removed from it. All of the applications ask for explanations and what not. In my personal statement I believe I did a really good job explaining my mind set and circumstances surrounding the act. I have a 3.5 GPA from a top 30 undergrad university and 168 on my LSAT. My questions are A. does this appear anywhere on my transcript B. does it make sense to lie and answer No C. obviously no one knows exactly but are my chances seriously diminished to the point where no school that I am within the range will accept me?

hiltopp01

New

Re: help

Post by hiltopp01 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:33 am

confused!!! wrote:So my sophomore year (almost three years ago) I was put on academic probation for plagiarism and after the semester I was successfully removed from it. All of the applications ask for explanations and what not. In my personal statement I believe I did a really good job explaining my mind set and circumstances surrounding the act. I have a 3.5 GPA from a top 30 undergrad university and 168 on my LSAT. My questions are A. does this appear anywhere on my transcript B. does it make sense to lie and answer No C. obviously no one knows exactly but are my chances seriously diminished to the point where no school that I am within the range will accept me?
A) Probably.
B) No.
C) Probably.

Plagiarism is serious, bro

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 am

I'm going to be real blunt. That you're asking about lying about plagiarism on the internet shows three very separate and very serious levels of bad judgment.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:08 am

hdunlop wrote:I'm going to be real blunt. That you're asking about lying about plagiarism on the internet shows three very separate and very serious levels of bad judgment.

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:01 am

pancakes3 wrote:
hdunlop wrote:I'm going to be real blunt. That you're asking about lying about plagiarism on the internet shows three very separate and very serious levels of bad judgment.

ChemEng1642

Silver

Post by ChemEng1642 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:14 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”