So I accidentally attached the wrong personal statement... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
BruiserWoods

New

So I accidentally attached the wrong personal statement...

Post by BruiserWoods » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:45 am

I had two versions - one 700 words and one 500. I sent the 700 word version to a school with a 500 word limit, and it says it was transmitted.

In LSAC it will let me delete/change my personal statement file, but I'm guessing that doesn't matter since it's already been transmitted?

So are my chances pretty much destroyed at this point? Should I even bother e-mailing the correct version? Is that worse than just leaving the wrong version?

banjo

Silver

Re: So I accidentally attached the wrong personal statement...

Post by banjo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 am

Just email the correct version.

Wingtip88

Bronze

Post by Wingtip88 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:20 am

BruiserWoods wrote:So are my chances pretty much destroyed at this point? Should I even bother e-mailing the correct version? Is that worse than just leaving the wrong version?
Are you seriously getting this worked up over such a tiny, inconsequential error?

Contact the admissions folks via email or phone call and advise them of what happened, and email the correct personal statement. And relax.

eriedoctrine

Bronze

Post by eriedoctrine » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:39 am

BruiserWoods wrote:I had two versions - one 700 words and one 500. I sent the 700 word version to a school with a 500 word limit, and it says it was transmitted.

In LSAC it will let me delete/change my personal statement file, but I'm guessing that doesn't matter since it's already been transmitted?

So are my chances pretty much destroyed at this point? Should I even bother e-mailing the correct version? Is that worse than just leaving the wrong version?
Auto-ding. Indicates applicant possesses no attention to details.
Just kidding, don't worry about it. Worst case they deduct 1-2 LSAT from your application, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”