How often does LSAC make mistakes? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
WeeBey

Silver

How often does LSAC make mistakes?

Post by WeeBey » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:17 pm

For my junior year, even though I had 30 credit hours, the transcript analysis only showed 24 and that 3 were uncoverted, so i was only left with 21. I think the mistake they made is that they counted 2 6 credit hours courses as 3 credit hour courses. This makes a 0.04 difference on my cGPA.

I emailed them today and was wondering how long does it take to usually fix this?

FairchildFLT

Bronze

Re: How often does LSAC make mistakes?

Post by FairchildFLT » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 pm

My university coded my community college as "Colorado Community College" instead of "Community College of Aurora." (which is in Colorado) So, I got an email saying "You are REQUIRED to tell us EVERY school you EVER went to. GRAWWWWWWWWWWW!" I called them, explained the mistake, my record was fixed within the next few hours. Great people over there at LSAC.

Skool

Silver

Re: How often does LSAC make mistakes?

Post by Skool » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Despite their clear policy against including remedial classes in their re calculated gpa, they included them in my gpa.

When I called them, they were pretty dismissive of my concerns and read me my school's definition of remedial like I was an idiot. I Pointed out the relevant columns on my transcript that demonstrated the classes were remedial.

They got real quiet and told me they were placing a hold on my account while they sorted it out. It took about a week, including Labor Day.

It sounds like they're not too careful over there and if you don't double check their work, no one will.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”