LSAT date change/admissions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
should-i-do-it

Bronze

LSAT date change/admissions

Post by should-i-do-it » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:18 pm

I've sent applications to a couple schools with my current score. I indicated on my apps that I will be retaking in sept. As a result my file will remain incomplete till my new score comes in. Now I'm thinking of taking the test in December instead of sept. I don't want my file to remain incomplete till then. The schools I've applied to I'm pretty sure I'll get into with $$$ with my current score and I don't want to delay the decision. Should I tell the schools I'm changing the dates and ask if they will make a decision without my dec score or should i just wait.

McAvoy

Gold

Re: LSAT date change/admissions

Post by McAvoy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:26 pm

should-i-do-it wrote:I've sent applications to a couple schools with my current score. I indicated on my apps that I will be retaking in sept. As a result my file will remain incomplete till my new score comes in. Now I'm thinking of taking the test in December instead of sept. I don't want my file to remain incomplete till then. The schools I've applied to I'm pretty sure I'll get into with $$$ with my current score and I don't want to delay the decision. Should I tell the schools I'm changing the dates and ask if they will make a decision without my dec score or should i just wait.
If you are certain you will get in I would tell them that you are "no longer taking the September test" and say nothing of December. You can notify them of an improved score at a later point after they have offered you a scholarship or if they have yet to make a decision.

should-i-do-it

Bronze

Post by should-i-do-it » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Cool thanks for the advise. I think I'll probably do this.

should-i-do-it

Bronze

Post by should-i-do-it » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:12 pm

If i do change my registration to December, will the schools be notified by LSAC and just hold till then?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”