LSAT Prep Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kevgogators

Bronze

LSAT Prep Question

Post by kevgogators » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:37 am

It's often easy to get lost in a sea of drilling, so I've been contemplating setting a structure to my daily routine of LSAT prep. I've noticed the amount of work I get done per day fluctuates greatly and I want to set a daily quota for myself. What do y'all think of completing 8 RC passages per day, 8 games per day, and 50 LR questions (minimum) per day?

Is this too much/too little? Bad idea/good idea? Is it comparable to the amount of studying y'all do?

I'm shooting for the December sitting. PTing at 156. Looking for a solid 15+ score jump.

Platinum

Re: LSAT Prep Question

Post by 03152016 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:49 am

doesn't sound efficient to me
post the breakdown of your last pt and you'll get much better feedback than us trying to figure this out blind

also, check out the lsat prep forum
it's a better place for qs like this

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:03 am

Quality over quantity.

Moneytrees

Silver

Post by Moneytrees » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:30 am

That doesn't sound like a great approach to me. There are two essential things you need to do: learn the theory/methodology for each section, and work on timing. So while doing a lot of timed sections will be helpful, simply doing a ton of prep work every day won't actually increase your score if you don't understand your mistakes and the areas that you need improvement in. Quality over quantity for sure.

Initially, work on understanding the basics of each section. You want to be able to get every question right on every section (not timed). Once you feel comfortable with the each section and know how to approach each question effectively, start working on timing.

McAvoy

Gold

Post by McAvoy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:23 pm

kevgogators wrote:It's often easy to get lost in a sea of drilling, so I've been contemplating setting a structure to my daily routine of LSAT prep. I've noticed the amount of work I get done per day fluctuates greatly and I want to set a daily quota for myself. What do y'all think of completing 8 RC passages per day, 8 games per day, and 50 LR questions (minimum) per day?

Is this too much/too little? Bad idea/good idea? Is it comparable to the amount of studying y'all do?

I'm shooting for the December sitting. PTing at 156. Looking for a solid 15+ score jump.
For one: if you're only PTing 156 you're not really ready to start burning PT materials. For two: no, it's a real bad plan.

But get to work on a reasonable plan; three months for going from mid-150s to 170s is certainly not going to be easy, to say the least.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”