please help! I'm freaking out Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mrniceguy63

New

please help! I'm freaking out

Post by mrniceguy63 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:27 pm

I was recently accepted as a transfer student, and I received an email from the school requesting all of my official transcripts.

I went to look at the application that I submitted to the school so that I could make sure that I was sending all of the transcripts. I noticed, however, that I mistakenly left an institution off the list of "institutions that I had attended."

Earlier this summer (1L summer), I enrolled in one online course at the University of Florida. I was not enrolled in any kind of degree-granting program; I was taking this class as a "non-degree" student. About a week into the course, I realized that I would not have enough time to devote it, so I dropped it before the first assignment was due. The transcript will show that I withdrew from the course--there is no grade or credit awarded.

When I was filling out my application, I thought I had listed the University of Florida, but apparently I didn't.

At the time that I was applying to transfer, I called LSAC and told them that I had enrolled in the course but had not yet sent LSAC the transcript. LSAC told me that that was fine. As long as they had my official undergraduate transcript on file, I could send in the UF transcript at some other time.

Today, I requested that the UF transcript be mailed to the school that I'm transferring to and to LSAC.

My question is this: Will the fact that I didn't list on my application to my transfer school that I had enrolled in a course at UF cause my offer of admission to be rescinded?

Thanks, and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

lmr

Bronze

Re: please help! I'm freaking out

Post by lmr » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:34 pm

I think you are overreacting. It's not like you have an F on your transcript or anything. You did the right thing by having the transcript sent. No real basis for them to rescind your acceptance. Not a big deal @ all imo. If it makes you feel better you can email admissions and give them a heads up on the accidental omission and the fact that you mailed the transcript but I wouldn't really think it's worth making into a big deal.

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:40 pm

gonna be fine.

mrniceguy63

New

Post by mrniceguy63 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks for the quick replies. I thought I might be overreacting, but your replies helped calm me down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”