what kind of intern jobs should i do while applying for law? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
janborn

New

what kind of intern jobs should i do while applying for law?

Post by janborn » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:03 pm

I'm applying for fall 2015, and planning to get a job for next 6 months. What kind of jobs will be relatively more eye-catching for the AO? I believe it should be of some uniqueness.

Young Marino

Silver

Re: what kind of intern jobs should i do while applying for law?

Post by Young Marino » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:08 pm

janborn wrote:I'm applying for fall 2015, and planning to get a job for next 6 months. What kind of jobs will be relatively more eye-catching for the AO? I believe it should be of some uniqueness.
What is your major? If you have something where you can land a professional position (not just a bs retail job like so many of today's grads) you may want to get a few years of work experience before applying to law school. Otherwise, I don't know if you can get something in a professional law setting right now outside of an internship. 5 months out of college I couldn't find anything but bs retail jobs so I interned (free labor) at my local DA's office. Th connections and experience I gained from that is unmatched by anything a bs job could have done for me. Maybe you want to look into that? I've also heard of a few people on this board who paralegaled after college without certification. I don't know how common that is though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”