Yy Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dallas0013

New

Yy

Post by dallas0013 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:18 pm

A
Last edited by dallas0013 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thatsnotmyname

Bronze

Re: LOR from grad school--pretty clueless, here

Post by thatsnotmyname » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:31 pm

dallas0013 wrote:(3.3 GPA, 171 LSAT, not URM)

Applying to lower few T-14s, UT, SMU, and some peer schools for the latter 2 for negotiation purposes.

Went to an Ivy undergrad, but had literally zero conversations with professors that went beyond asking for typically BS extensions. I'm sure I can get some sort of stock LOR from my department head (did so for grad school) but it will be garbage: certainly not helpful and potentially harmful.

My question is this: I have formed a few genuine relationships with professors at my grad school (will graduated in a year with a Masters in Biblical Counseling). Provided that I can ensure that these profs will keep their recs secular, what are y'all's thoughts on getting LOR from them?

Thanks.
I'm about to start asking for LOR also, and I don't see anything wrong with asking grad school professors for your LORs instead of undergrad professors. It's easily explainable also by the fact that it was just way more convenient for you to get your LORs from them given that you're still enrolled in the program and can easily contact them. All the websites I've read so far have just said that they like academic LORs from the people who can best speak to your ability to succeed in law school which your LORs would be. So I see no reason to not get your LORs from your grad school professors.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”