random resume question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

random resume question

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:13 pm

I transferred undergrads, but now that I've graduated, should I leave my first school on my resume (and whatever honors/awards I got there)?

I'm going to leave at least one activity from my time there on my resume so it might not make sense without it possibly

McAvoy

Gold

Re: random resume question

Post by McAvoy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:17 pm

I'm not leaving my first on there, but I'm listing a few things from it. I have a "misc" section on my resume, so it won't be listed under education so as to avoid confusion.

If your first school was not prestigious and your second wasn't not prestigious, I'd be more inclined to leave it off, but I doubt it matters. I think you're good either way.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:37 pm

yeah first one is not as prestigious, so I'm leaning towards removing

SPerez

Bronze

Post by SPerez » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:37 pm

My general advice is to not leave anything off a resume. Prestige/no-prestige is pretty irrelevant in the law school admission context since it's not like the school won't already know all the places you attended. Just list the school and the dates you attended, then the accomplishments along with them.

The one thing I sometimes see people do in this situation is put the degree they were pursuing instead of the major, e.g. "BS Political Science" instead of "Major: Political Science". That can cause confusion and possibly make an adcom think you're trying to make people think you have two degrees.

Dean Perez

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”