Friend Peed on Policeman But Has Great Stats Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emu42

Bronze

Friend Peed on Policeman But Has Great Stats

Post by emu42 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:32 am

This is an (unfortunately) true story. My buddy had a few too many drinks at the bar and, on his way home, peed on a cop car. What he didn't realize is that the car had a cop in it.... As the policeman left the vehicle on the opposite side of where my friend was peeing, my friend froze in horror, altering his urine trajectory such that the stream of urine began to arch over the vehicle and onto the policeman.

My friend was charged with a number of things (public urination, indecent exposure, vandalism)...he also got in trouble with his school. This will show his school record as well as in the C&F section. The saddest part is that he had taken the LSAT and gotten a 170, and was testing in the mid 170's and ready to take it again. He also had a 4.0.

He is, of course, devastated. He had an absolutely perfect record until he urinated on a cop. Should he just forget about law school? I know this sounds ridiculous, but he's actually a really good person...

*Asking for a friend*

prezidentv8

Gold

Re: Friend Peed on Policeman But Has Great Stats

Post by prezidentv8 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:35 am

emu42 wrote:amazing story
I'm sure your pal was/is horrified, but this story is going to bring him laughter well into his senior citizen days.

BanjoCalhoun

New

Post by BanjoCalhoun » Mon May 05, 2014 12:44 am

I'll bite and assume you're not trolling.
He could call the bar association in the state he intends to practice. They have C&F attorneys he could talk with about whether this would likely make bar approval impossible. Best to know what the bar application hurdles will be before dropping a lot of money on law school. It might also be wise to take a year off and work before applying until he knows which charges stuck because a lot might depend on the specifics of the outcome. He could also do community service during that time to try to develop a convincing narrative for law school apps that he has matured.
If it sounds pessimistic after talking to an attorney, I'm sure with a 4.0 there are other good grad programs he could get into for careers that aren't so C&F intensive. This shouldn't have to ruin his life.

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Mon May 05, 2014 1:06 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”