URGENT What Schools Are For Me 2.5 GPA / 140 LSAT Score HELP Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
aleph209

New

Re: URGENT What Schools Are For Me 2.5 GPA / 140 LSAT Score HELP

Post by aleph209 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:33 pm

op, i'm not sure what silver bullet you're looking for here. if you're committed to law school this year, despite the real warnings about debt and career prospect and the actual suggestions about trying to improve your lsat and applying next year, and willing to apply to a large number of schools, buy a copy of usnews or look at the official aba guide for the schools with the lowest average lsats and gpas. apply there and there's not much else you can do, except get great recs, write a top notch personal statement, and try to explain your scores and grades.

that's all the advice anyone can give you.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:41 pm

Im pretty much on the same boat as you a 2.6 and 145 LSAT Score. I too went to a top undergrad school in the nation NYU.
Corsair, I refuse to believe an NYU graduate would type like this, and I think you know that. I'd figure his Harvard Law Dad would have taught him how to write.

I've helped legitimate low scorers. Last time, it was a well-crafted Thom_Doe alt. What a waste of mine and everyone else's time!

Flames will always get flamed back. You think the obligation is on us to be above it, but I think it's on the mods to get rid of them. There's no question this board is inhospitable to low scorers, but that's because nearly every time it's some sort of flame. People offer help, troll gets pissy, people realize whats up and so it goes.

When we have a legit poster like this, I feel bad for them. It's like the boy who cried wolf. Which is sad, because some of the more knowledgeable posters on this board won't even read these threads anymore. And that's what's really important here. It's my opinion that if you eliminate the flaming, you'll eliminate the responses. Why try and stop the effects when it's so much simpler to just stop the cause?

I propose you institute a 24-hour hold on all new registrations from posting. This way, when Thom, Leroy_Fish, Mongeese, et al. get a whim to post this nonsense, they'll have a night to sleep on it and forget about it in the morning.

minneapolisite

New

Post by minneapolisite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:58 pm

JustDude wrote:minneapolisite: Good piece of advice.!.
Thanks. :) Hope he/she takes the concept of "style points" and runs with it. :)

sailorbear2008

New

Post by sailorbear2008 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:59 pm

Sgt Bilko - That's is the kind of posts that get reported. Shame on you. :wink:

Remember:
Positive and Encouraging Info Only. If there is nothing substantial to say please dont reply. Thanks

Fly

New

Post by Fly » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:03 pm

legalbound wrote:Help me with the issue at hand getting into a good school this coming fall.
Ah, isn't it great when people demand charity?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

legalbound

New

Post by legalbound » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Off-Topic, focus on the topic. And all Lames please dont post. You know who you are.

sailorbear2008

New

Post by sailorbear2008 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Fly wrote:
legalbound wrote:Help me with the issue at hand getting into a good school this coming fall.
Ah, isn't it great when people demand charity?
You mean like the Salvation Army?

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:08 pm

<-----------LAMERZ

FWIW, these three troll topics are now all grouped at the top of the board, by their own OP's posting.

Point being, these threads don't just go away because no one responds.
Last edited by Da Stain on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legalbound

New

Post by legalbound » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:09 pm

If you dont have anything decent to say dont post in this thread. This forum is filled with a bunch of lames.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:10 pm

minneapolisite: Unfortunately the OP will not be able to comprehend your advice.

legalbound: All on topic!

legalbound

New

Post by legalbound » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Just found out my gpa is higher lsac says 2.54 I calculated it and its 2.83. Im trying to get it changed before they send out all my reports.

thedogship

Bronze

Post by thedogship » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:38 pm

If I were the OP, I would seriously worry more about convincing my father that a legal career is not the right direction for me rather than how to get into a bottom feeder law program. I know that the LSAT is not a true indicator of someone's intelligence or academic ability, but not being able to crack 140 on multiple tries does not bode well for the rigors of any law program, not matter how weak it is. OP, I am sorry, but there is no magic answer for a person in your situation. The only real advice has already been said, apply to a ton of schools at the lowest end of the spectrum and pray for good things. However, it sounds like you're not really interested in law, you're just doing this to appease your father, which will lead to debt, unhappiness, a degree of minimal value, and a low paying job. I would seriously rethink stuff. That isn't to be mean, it's just the truth. Have people who have gone to weak law programs ever become sucessful? Sure. Are the odds in your favor. No.

legalbound

New

Post by legalbound » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Well I always wanted to be a lawyer since a child. I started watching court shows, and Law and Order, The Practice, etc since 5. This is my career, and I will continue to pursue my career. I dont want to not only become a attorney but I want to become a Judge. In order to become a judge I must attend law school, pass the bar, and get voted. This is my passion, and I will do whatever it takes to fullfill my passion and no one is going to stop me. Im am determined and self motivated. Besides I will be working under my dads belt at his own Law Firm. So Im not looking for a job right outta law school. A job is already guaranteed.
Last edited by legalbound on Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Face it, you're not going to law school. Just face the facts and accept this. No school will accept you with your numbers.

minneapolisite

New

Post by minneapolisite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:54 pm

legalbound, I'm sure we all appreciate your devotion to your passion, but you may want to realign your goals. You are likely not getting into a T14 school. Hell, I'm not getting into a T14 school and I have a 171/2.66. Please, I strongly encourage you to take my advice and consider T3 schools and earn yourself some "style" points along the way.

legalbound

New

Post by legalbound » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:55 pm

MTal wrote:Face it, you're not going to law school. Just face the facts and accept this. No school will accept you with your numbers.
Shut up you piece of S**t. You cant tell me what I can or cannot do. Are you the Admission Council ? No So your jive doesnt mean s**t. I am going to Law School, and will pass the Bar, and will hire people like you to work for me paying you s**ty money.

minneapolisite

New

Post by minneapolisite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:56 pm

JustDude wrote:minneapolisite: Unfortunately the OP will not be able to comprehend your advice.
First step to comprehension would be for legalbound to at least acknowledge my advice. So far I think he/she has only read the negative comments and focused on writing about his/her passions (which I admire but are not very applicable to the cold hard process of getting into a top law school.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NDray

New

Post by NDray » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:58 pm

legalbound = legaldreamteam ?

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:59 pm

MTal: Sounds hypocritical.

minneapolisite: Well if its not a flame, its sad. I started thinking its a flame. Anyway, congrats on Minessota acceptance.

Bronze

Post by 18488 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:00 pm

OP, given that the people on this board are self-selectively the kinds of people you're hoping to work with in the future, it's likely that if you don't like the way you're treated here, you won't like the way you're treated after law school, if you're able to get in. Just a thought.

minneapolisite

New

Post by minneapolisite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:01 pm

JustDude wrote:MTal: Sounds hypocritical.

minneapolisite: Well if its not a flame, its sad. I started thinking its a flame. Anyway, congrats on Minessota acceptance.
If I'm lucky!!! I am still speculating at this point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:03 pm

minneapolisite: Ou, I am sorry.I retract my congartulation. Best of luck with Minnesota. BTW to retake the class, do you still need to be an UG student???. Once you are done, the deal is sealed?>? For the GPA purposes.

thedogship

Bronze

Post by thedogship » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:04 pm

OP, just out of curiosity, what town/state are you from?

minneapolisite

New

Post by minneapolisite » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:06 pm

I think any college courses you take apply to your GPA. I could be wrong though.

legalbound

New

Post by legalbound » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:07 pm

sbrown83 wrote:OP, given that the people on this board are self-selectively the kinds of people you're hoping to work with in the future, it's likely that if you don't like the way you're treated here, you won't like the way you're treated after law school, if you're able to get in. Just a thought.

I will get in without a question. I dont have to worry about work after law school. I will be working for my dads law firm after school, and will become a partner and a judge. The difference between me and the people on the forum is your going to school looking for jobs after school. Me on the other hand will have a job at a law firm.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”