What happened to all the California school rankings? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
t-14orbust

Gold

Re: What happened to all the California school rankings?

Post by t-14orbust » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:37 pm

redbull12 wrote:
twenty wrote:PAGING DR. DRE

lol california more like calfornTTTTia htfh
Sadly Dre retired :(
where is he going to school?

JurisDoctorSeuss

New

Post by JurisDoctorSeuss » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm

UC Irvine grads created some additional competition in the market. Not sure if the small class graduating in 2012 would have much effect on the employment numbers for other schools, but it is certainly something to look for in the future.

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm

t-14orbust wrote:
redbull12 wrote:

Sadly Dre retired :(
where is he going to school?
He's applying next cycle.

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:56 pm

JurisDoctorSeuss wrote:UC Irvine grads created some additional competition in the market. Not sure if the small class graduating in 2012 would have much effect on the employment numbers for other schools, but it is certainly something to look for in the future.

I think it's all the t-14 people who flood the california market while only stanford and boalt are the one that have serious options outside california. Not to mention the state is broke, you are looking at the detroit if you take away the high tech /entertianment sectors jobs.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

redbull12

Bronze

Post by redbull12 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 pm

zman wrote:
JurisDoctorSeuss wrote:UC Irvine grads created some additional competition in the market. Not sure if the small class graduating in 2012 would have much effect on the employment numbers for other schools, but it is certainly something to look for in the future.

I think it's all the t-14 people who flood the california market while only stanford and boalt are the one that have serious options outside california. Not to mention the state is broke, you are looking at the detroit if you take away the high tech /entertianment sectors jobs.

Lol..

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:39 pm

redbull12 wrote:
zman wrote:

Lol..
Yeah it's that bad.. You got all the tech companies who don't pay their taxes so in order to compensate for that, they tax the average californian to hell and not no mention you got all the illegals and public sector unions sucking the state dry..

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:19 pm

zman wrote:
redbull12 wrote:
zman wrote:

Lol..
Yeah it's that bad.. You got all the tech companies who don't pay their taxes so in order to compensate for that, they tax the average californian to hell and not no mention you got all the illegals and public sector unions sucking the state dry..
In b4 'they took our jerbs!'

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:56 am

They is no such things as taking "our Jerbs". No one has a right to a job, and we use to have labor shortages in the past. What they are actually doing is leaving California and going back to mexico and going to less bankrupt states.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Moonlight

Silver

Post by Moonlight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:49 am

I'm hoping Hastings will rebound next year.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:24 am

Moonlight wrote:I'm hoping Hastings will rebound next year.
Why would a rankings rebound matter?

phillywc

Gold

Post by phillywc » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:45 am

BigZuck wrote:
Moonlight wrote:I'm hoping Hastings will rebound next year.
Why would a rankings rebound matter?
Moonlight is an adcomm at Hastings, so it helps with his job security.

Moonlight

Silver

Post by Moonlight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 am

Haha I wish I was adcom. Then I'd give myself more scholarships lol. But I'm hoping because it would place it back in Tier 1.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 am

Moonlight wrote:Haha I wish I was adcom. Then I'd give myself more scholarships lol. But I'm hoping because it would place it back in Tier 1.
it literally won't matter at all

Hastttings will still be overpriced and unable to place its grads in the competitive bay area

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Moonlight wrote:Haha I wish I was adcom. Then I'd give myself more scholarships lol. But I'm hoping because it would place it back in Tier 1.
Why would being placed back in Tier 1 matter?

patogordo

Gold

Post by patogordo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:58 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Why would being placed back in Tier 1 matter?

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Someone posted this link on JD underground. UC hastings dean on the rankings decline.

http://lawlemmings.tumblr.com/post/7945 ... nade-fails

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

redbull12

Bronze

Post by redbull12 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:28 pm

zman wrote:Someone posted this link on JD underground. UC hastings dean on the rankings decline.

link to jdunderground?

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:39 pm

redbull12 wrote:
zman wrote:Someone posted this link on JD underground. UC hastings dean on the rankings decline.

link to jdunderground?

--LinkRemoved--

xJD2017x

Bronze

Post by xJD2017x » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:13 pm

http://taxprof.typepad.com/

Someone from chapman explains why california schools got beat up in rankings...

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm

xJD2017x wrote:http://taxprof.typepad.com/

"We oversaturated this market by pumping out thousands of JD's a year and now that you're calculating real employment rates it's not fair!"

70%+ of the schools in California are extraneous and should be shut down immediately- starting with HasTTTings Chapman (forgot which shithole I was writing about, but the sentiment applies to both).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
xJD2017x wrote:http://taxprof.typepad.com/

"We oversaturated this market by pumping out thousands of JD's a year and now that you're calculating real employment rates it's not fair!"

70%+ of the schools in California are extraneous and should be shut down immediately- starting with HasTTTings Chapman (forgot which shithole I was writing about, but the sentiment applies to both).
I don't want to say this is the dumbest thing a law school has ever pulished because the Cooley rankings deserve that accolade, but I don't see how any right-minded person would attend this dumpster fire or the tire fire that is Hastings. These essays are down right insulting

BruinRegents

Bronze

Post by BruinRegents » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:52 pm

zman wrote:

An insanely hyperbolic statement of which little is based on fact. While California has since dropped from it's lofty perch of 7th largest economy in the world, 12th ain't bad with a GSP of ~2 trillion. Our unemployment rate my be at 8.5%, Detroit's is at least twice that. California's budget is BALANCED, Detroit filed Chapter 9. Aside from producing entertainment and tech, California continues to be a global agricultural producer. It's even beginning to see an uptick in heavy manufacturing. Finally, the real estate market has all but stabilized and the Chase-Schiller index looks promising.

zman

Bronze

Post by zman » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:04 pm

BruinRegents wrote:
zman wrote:

An insanely hyperbolic statement of which little is based on fact. While California has since dropped from it's lofty perch of 7th largest economy in the world, 12th ain't bad with a GSP of ~2 trillion. Our unemployment rate my be at 8.5%, Detroit's is at least twice that. California's budget is BALANCED, Detroit filed Chapter 9. Aside from producing entertainment and tech, California continues to be a global agricultural producer. It's even beginning to see an uptick in heavy manufacturing. Finally, the real estate market has all but stabilized and the Chase-Schiller index looks promising.
The agricultural production is something I overlooked, you are correct there. Everything else is just one one big bubble.

BruinRegents

Bronze

Post by BruinRegents » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:20 pm

zman wrote:
BruinRegents wrote:
zman wrote:

The agricultural production is something I overlooked, you are correct there. Everything else is just one one big bubble.
Based on what?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”