Sending a LOCI while file is on "hold for further review" Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CNUCaptain

New

Sending a LOCI while file is on "hold for further review"

Post by CNUCaptain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 am

Hey all,

My number one law school does not have rolling admission. Files are placed under an initial review. Then, if no decision is made based on the initial review, the applications are placed under "hold until further review" until the school's deadline comes and they are able to assess all the applications as a whole. From what I've observed, only Waitlists and Denials come in March, for the most part.

I submitted my application around the 20th of January and was placed on hold on February 4th. My numbers are right on their borderlines, according to LSN. Like I've said, this is my number one school. Should I write a LOCI to send before their deadline occurs? I have had an academic achievement (Dean's List) and began a new internship since submitting my application. I also want to emphasize my interest in their programs and the location of their school, seeing as I go to undergrad about 30 minutes away, I know the area well and I am definitely interested in both their specific program and in the area.

My only concern is that, if placed on a waitlist come March, I can't really send a second LOCI, so I fear getting lost in the pile of Waitlisters.

Does any one have any advice?

Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”