Opting out of CRS Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
malleus discentium

Silver

Opting out of CRS

Post by malleus discentium » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Now that I've gotten all the fee waivers I'm interested in, will opting out of CRS stop the TTT emails I am still getting every damn day? Is there any downside to opting out now?

CookieDough

Bronze

Re: Opting out of CRS

Post by CookieDough » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 pm

malleus discentium wrote:Now that I've gotten all the fee waivers I'm interested in, will opting out of CRS stop the TTT emails I am still getting every damn day? Is there any downside to opting out now?
This is relevant to my interests. I swear, I've been getting a flood in the last few days...

Cocoblues

Bronze

Post by Cocoblues » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 pm

malleus discentium wrote:Now that I've gotten all the fee waivers I'm interested in, will opting out of CRS stop the TTT emails I am still getting every damn day? Is there any downside to opting out now?
I've been getting a flood even after opting out. It's as if by turning off the feature, the brood of vampires smelled fresh blood, and rushed towards me to get a bite...I even got a special phone call from a TTTT....A phone call...

Hmm, you can tell TTT emails have a special place in my heart. :evil:
Last edited by Cocoblues on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 pm

I unsubscribe from them so fast. Washington & Lee along with William & Mary are the worst offenders in my opinion because they email incessantly and do not have an unsubscribe button. I always reply asking to be removed from the list but as of yet it is of to no avail

malleus discentium

Silver

Post by malleus discentium » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Pneumonia wrote:I unsubscribe from them so fast. Washington & Lee along with William & Mary are the worst offenders in my opinion because they email incessantly and do not have an unsubscribe button. I always reply asking to be removed from the list but as of yet it is of to no avail
You should be able to set up a filter to just delete those emails before you even see them. I do this every time I get an email from a school but every day there they are, emails from new schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:28 am

Melanie Cronin and I are bffs

Kevinlomax

Bronze

Post by Kevinlomax » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:35 am

Pneumonia wrote:I unsubscribe from them so fast. Washington & Lee along with William & Mary are the worst offenders in my opinion because they email incessantly and do not have an unsubscribe button. I always reply asking to be removed from the list but as of yet it is of to no avail

I have gotten 6 emails from William and mary...one starting to talk to me about how the dean used to travel in texas and how it is very similar to virginia

Ariathel

New

Post by Ariathel » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:36 pm

I opted out but I still got e-mails every day (just a bit fewer). So I beefed up my spam settings and now I'm (mostly) free of the suspect TTT stalkers.
To answer your question: opt out, then tighten your security. And then move and change your phone number :P

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Kevinlomax wrote:

I have gotten 6 emails from William and mary...one starting to talk to me about how the dean used to travel in texas and how it is very similar to virginia
Are you serious about the travel thing? They mentioned traveling to Ohio in an email to me, and I'm like wtf no one ever travels here except if you count layover flights as traveling. Sounds like they plug and chug stttate names lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:57 am

Got something similar that mentioned the PNW. Lol.

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 am

What about WUSTL? I have gotten at least 10 emails from them.

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:40 am

Nonconsecutive wrote:Melanie Cronin and I are bffs
:lol:

BillsFan9907

Silver

Post by BillsFan9907 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:17 am

Jesus. William and Mary namedropped by state as well. Please post what they sent you guys:

Greetings from Williamsburg!

As someone who spent many summers in Baltimore, Maryland, while growing up, I have very much enjoyed my time in the Williamsburg, Virginia, area and working at William & Mary Law School. Williamsburg is a great town with access to metro areas, the beach, and the mountains. I think you would find it a wonderful place to be a law student.

Our application deadline is coming up (March 1), and we want to encourage you to apply to William & Mary!

To learn more about William & Mary, click here.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and if you would like a fee waiver to apply to William & Mary Law School.

All the best,

Rhianna Shabsin

Assistant Dean for Admission

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 am

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustHawkin

Gold

Post by JustHawkin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:59 am

NoDayButToday wrote:
Nonconsecutive wrote:Melanie Cronin and I are bffs

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”