June LSAT and Wait List Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Hurricane211

New

June LSAT and Wait List Question

Post by Hurricane211 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 am

Hi TLS users!

I am a long-time lurker, and joined your ranks to ask a question I hope you all can help me with. I am on the wait list at my first choice law school. My current LSAT score is a few points below their 25th percentile, my G.P.A. over their 75th percentile (reverse-splitter yay). I am considering retaking the LSAT in June. My question is: if I scored a few points higher on the June LSAT, and assuming when scores are released I am still on their wait list, what affect do you all think it would have on my admission status? Would it be enough to get me accepted off the wait list in early July when the scores are released, or would it be too late? Thank you very much for any and all responses! I sincerely appreciate any insight.

Nova

Platinum

Re: June LSAT and Wait List Question

Post by Nova » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:50 am

it could get you off the waitlist

how likely? idk

Hurricane211

New

Post by Hurricane211 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:28 am

Thank you for your reply, Nova! Does anyone have some insight or opinion as to how likely? Of course, the likelihood would increase with my supposed score gain, but assuming around a 2-3 point increase; I doubt I could improve more.

notalobbyist

Bronze

Post by notalobbyist » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:26 pm

I would think that they'd want you above 25th percentile to get off of the waitlist unless there's a scramble, but thats just a hunch. Do you have good softs?

Hurricane211

New

Post by Hurricane211 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:27 am

I would say I have good softs--by no means phenomenal, but good. I have a lot of academic accolades such as Phi Beta Kappa that come with having a high grade point average. I did a senior honors thesis in which I worked closely with faculty on a full-blown research project of my own design. I have been working diligently in an attempt to get it published (which may happen before this summer). As for employment, I have experience interning at a law firm where I worked closely with multiple practicing attorneys. One of said attorneys wrote a recommendation for a person who is currently a 1L at my top-choice school, and is enthusiastic about supplying me with a new recommendation to further supplement my application.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”