Apply now or next year? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tripken99

New

Apply now or next year?

Post by tripken99 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi guys,
Asking for a friend who just got his (retaken) LSAT score back, and I figure the community might have more insight than I do. He got a 170, improving on a 159 from last year. Hes currently in a geology grad school program that he's committed to through spring 2015, and wants to know if he should try applying now and deferring whatever he gets, or just waiting until August to apply for 2015. What do you think? His concerns are that if he applies now, scholarships and spots will probably be limited, and if he doesn't get in somewhere it may reflect poorly on next year's application, but if he waits then next year might be a tougher year for admissions. Thanks!

Clearly

Gold

Re: Apply now or next year?

Post by Clearly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:59 pm

Apply now, I actually think next year might be an improvement for admissions. Applying to the same schools next year won't hurt him, if this year doesn't work out

BLUERUFiO

Bronze

Post by BLUERUFiO » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:15 am

Clearly wrote:Apply now, I actually think next year might be an improvement for admissions. Applying to the same schools next year won't hurt him, if this year doesn't work out
Curious to hear your reasoning for next year being a better year for the law schools?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:16 am

may as well apply and see whats up

if he doesn't get in somewhere it may reflect poorly on next year's application,
that's not a thing

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 am

BLUERUFiO wrote:
Clearly wrote:Apply now, I actually think next year might be an improvement for admissions. Applying to the same schools next year won't hurt him, if this year doesn't work out
Curious to hear your reasoning for next year being a better year for the law schools?
I believe the low lsat trend is over.

BLUERUFiO

Bronze

Post by BLUERUFiO » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:25 am

If that's the case and we are at the bottom for LSAT takers, then wahoo! I took at the bottom and it feels good.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”