listed a volunteer activity on application (date-present) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
staples88

New

listed a volunteer activity on application (date-present)

Post by staples88 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:40 pm

but haven't really done it in a while. I didn't change the date on my resume because I didn't really quit either. It's a school-related thing so my inactivity has to do with the academic calendar.

I tried to get back into it after I already submitted my apps to keep the item active. I was scheduled to do some volunteer work one day but the coordinators canceled the event. All of this is documented by email.

Would something like this qualify for misrepresentation? Should I go for a day or two in the spring or is it too late?

wiz

Diamond

Re: listed a volunteer activity on application (date-present)

Post by wiz » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:38 pm

You're overthinking this. Sure, go for a day or two next semester if it'll help you sleep at night, but no one is going to care.

staples88

New

Post by staples88 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:28 pm

even schools that care about softs like Chicago, Berkeley, Y?

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:47 am

If this is a game-changing soft, then it could have some impact at schools like Yale, Stanford, and Berkeley. I was saying that schools aren't going to care if you're still part of the volunteer group but haven't gone in a few months. Just list it. And go once or twice in the spring. Not something you should be worried about.

staples88

New

Post by staples88 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:50 am

yea I'll list it but was it a good idea to list it as (date-present)? Would this be considered misrepresentation? I know it's unlikely that they'll reject/rescind solely because of this but I don't want this to give them a pretext either

wiz

Diamond

Post by wiz » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:05 am

I don't think it's misrepresentation since you're still a member, and it's definitely not grounds for rejecting you or rescinding an acceptance. Like I said, just go once next semester if you're really that worried. You'll be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”